About the Challenge:
- The top 53 ideas will receive $100
- The top 10 ideas will receive an additional $250
- The final prizes (as decided by votes) are $1,000, $2,500, and $5,000!
- Women living in Michigan (you do not have to be a current business owner to enter the competition)
- Businesses who are 51% or more owned by a woman
Round one: Record your idea & submit a concept paper
We asked Michigan women to pitch their business ideas in a 53 second voice recording. Out of the 121 applications submitted, 53 finalists were selected by a panel of reviewers.
Round two: Top 53 ideas will attend three workshops & win cash prizes
The top 53 ideas were selected to win $100 and invited to participate in 3 mandatory workshops. Attendance in these workshops is required to win the $100 prize and move on to the next step.
Round three: Top 10 ideas will create a 53 second video and win more cash
Out of the top 53, 10 finalists will be asked to create a 53 second video pitching their business idea. These 10 finalists will all receive an additional $250.
Round four: Community Vote on social media
The community will vote for their favorite idea on social media over a two week period. The 3 ideas with the most votes will receive the grand prizes!