Comcast RISE stands for Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment. Comcast RISE was created in 2020 to help small businesses hard hit by Covid-19 recover and thrive. During its initial two-year program, 13,000 small businesses were awarded with over $110 million in monetary, marketing, and technology grants.
Comcast RISE is one of several programs that Comcast has overseen as part of Project UP that are aimed at closing the digital divide and achieving digital equity.
In 2022, three MWF Clients received the RISE grant award and supportive services. To read their testimonies, click here.
500 awards totaling will be distributed as follows:
- 100 small businesses in each city
- Each business will receive:
- $5,000 monetary grant
- Education resources
- Creative production, media, and technology makeovers
- Business consultation services
- Application period is June 1-30, 2023
- Grants will be announced at the end of
August and awarded in September 2023
- Applications will be available online at
To be eligible, businesses must:
- Be established for 3 or more years
- Have 100 or less full-time or part-time employees
- Be in the following geographic locations:
Baltimore (City of Baltimore)
Detroit (Macomb County, Oakland County, Wayne County, Washtenaw County)
Memphis (Shelby County)
Philadelphia (Philadelphia County)
Portland (Multnomah County)
- For the full list of eligibility details visit
Questions? Contact Tanesia Greer at firstname.lastname@example.org.