Let’s Get your Financials in Order
A Grand Rapids small business technical assistance program
Join Michigan Women Forward for a free training series to get your financials in order and get ready for future funding opportunities.
Michigan Women Forward’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative and JPMorgan Chase Foundation are seeking applicants to attend a 4-week entrepreneur training program in which they will receive simplified tools to assist in understanding their businesses’ current and future financial health, development of skills in fiscal management and the development of individualized road map to assist with solving current or projected financial problems.
This program is free and open to entrepreneurs who live in Grand Rapids ZIP code 49507 and nearby areas.
PART ONE: Learn the basics at four workshops
Trainings will take place virtually and will cover the following topics:
- Understanding balance sheets and income statements
- Key financial metrics to monitor for daily and weekly success, including cash flow projections and analysis
- Understanding and assessing financing needs of their business
- Matching capital type with project need and how to apply for financing most effectively.
- Understanding your balance sheet, Income Statement, Cash flow statement
- Break-even point for your business
- Personal financial statement
Classes 9:00 am – 10:30 am February 7, February 14, February 21, and February 28
PART TWO: 3-4 months of one-on-one consulting
Meet with a certified CPA and bookkeeper and receive customized feedback on your current financial statements, bookkeeping assistance to get your financials in order, and create a plan to grow your business.
- Identify entrepreneur’s needs to include financial statement preparation and projections.
- Analysis of business projections and/or financial statements.
- Develop a plan that includes strategies for growth or improvement.
- Employee wellness & Mental Health support.
Have questions? please email Ana Jose at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 616.482.9609