Be a Boss: Engage, Empower, Excel
UGOGirls Virtual Visionaries (formerly UGOGirls on Campus) is a free virtual workshop for high school girls entering grades 9-12 that will inspire, empower, and equip its participants to become the next generation’s women leaders (aka “future boss women”). It is a safe, supportive, and collaborative space where they can envision, explore, and create an inspiring and fulfilling future that is authentic to who they are.
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2021 OPEN NOW below!
Virtual Visionaries serves a diverse group of Michigan girls (all who identify as a girl) from all over the state. We at MWF value diversity and believe it is a strength. Please note that this program has a zero tolerance policy on hate and discrimination towards others for ANY reason. There’s no room for hate in the girl power business- we’re too busy bossin’ up.
What to Expect:
- “Mondays are for ME” will provide empowerment techniques such as: goal setting, stress management, self-confidence building, mental health awareness, time management skills, financial literacy, college preparedness, etc.
- “Boss Women Wednesdays” will provide guidance and support from successful, professional Michigan women leaders from various sectors. Learn from the best on how to boss up your life!
- Access to the “Boss Base” and supplemental activities to support their development as visionaries and future boss women which can be found on the Edmodo “Boss Base”. The Boss Base is also a tool the participants and facilitators use to stay in touch and get to know each other! It is quickly becoming a network for motivated, brilliant young women all around Michigan.
- Incentives (cool gifts!) to those who actively participate and contribute every week.
- All participants who successfully complete program will receive a professional certificate verifying their successful completion of a Michigan Women Forward Leadership Program (looks great on college applications & resumes!)
2021 Program Changes:
- In 2021, we are adding a Reality Fair financial literacy program with Community Financial Credit Union! The girls will envision and create their future lives while managing how to pay for it all.
- We are also teaming up with HAVEN’s SPARK program which will work with the girls on media literacy, social change making skills, healthy relationship skills, and more!
Summer 2021 Dates: Monday, June 21 – Friday, July 2 – Registration OPEN NOW through the link below!
Check out this impressive creative work from 2 of our Virtual Visionaries participants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzLxrTStRpM!
Join our collective of young, brilliant minds like Alexa and Christine by registering through the link above. We can’t wait to meet you!