Technical Assistance Business Consultant
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Lending Officer (CLO)
This is a fulltime position based in the MWF Detroit office. Assigned responsibilities include the review and analysis of financial information and consultation of micro enterprise Michigan Women Forward (MWF) Entrepreneurs (existing or new). This position requires sound business acumen, high-level collaboration and influencing skills to achieve high performance. This position requires the possession of skills that balance internal process management responsibility with external visibility that is vital to achieve the business goals of MWF.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes business projections and/or financial statements to determine the root cause of business deficiencies and/or risk associated with new or current loans.
- Recommends and writes a plan and strategies for improvement, the plan should include identifying metrics and targets required to drive business improvements, risk mitigation tactics and strategies to support the entrepreneur’s success.
- Collaborate with entrepreneurs on the decisions necessary to drive change.
- Document and monitor the implementation and success of the plan and strategies developed as part of the business improvement plan.
- Delivers technical assistance services via one-on-one consultations, in-person workshops, courses, or scheduled webinars.
- Delivers technical assistance that will enable entrepreneurs to build their organization’s capacity to operate effectively so that they are more qualified for financing
- Provides education and guidance to entrepreneurs and small-business owners to support starting and growing their businesses.
- As needed refers entrepreneurs to partner organizations that provide accounting services, legal guidance, marketing and business development services.
- Coordinates with CLO on financing strategies concerning current and future program issues
- Goes the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of five years of experience in the areas of lending, banking and finance
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with compassion to work with micro enterprise clients.
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communications abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proven accomplishment in expanding business and relationship development
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Salary will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
The position may require some irregular hours, such as overnight, weekends, overtime, etc.
Michigan Women’s Foundation does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.