Marketing and Communications Intern
JOB TITLE: Marketing and Communications Intern
COMMITMENT: Part-time (12-20 hours a week)
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
ABOUT US: Michigan Women Forward has dedicated more than 33 years championing the causes of social justice for women and girls through public and grantee education, philanthropy and advocacy. Our mission is to accelerate Michigan’s progress by advancing equality and opportunity for women and girls.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing and Communications Intern will work with staff and volunteers on digital, promotional, and event media. The Communications Intern will help develop local communication initiatives, website and social media content, and assist in the creation of Michigan Women Forward marketing materials.
- Assist with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies for promoting the work of the Michigan Women Forward
- Develop content for promotional materials including electronic newsletters, web site and blog
- Help create and implement an annual communications calendar
- Create social media content using Canva
- Manage photo and video content
- Assist with the execution of any major event or tasks related to fundraising events
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences
- Exceptional writing ability and experience with writing stories
- Ability to collect and synthesize information from diverse sources
- Must be creative & resourceful
- Must be able to multi-task
- Experience with using social media & tools: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Hootsuite
- Experience using Powerpoint, WordPress, and Canva
This position is unpaid.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.